May 11, 2006

The Wedding

The first indication that this wedding might actually take place: the date has been set.
It looks like Pandora has chosen the week of "Fair" to get married. Now, just to give you a little background, Pandora and I met in high school when I was tortured living in Montana. Being the small town that it is, I have many interesting stories about partying in cow pastures and finding great pleasure in the weekend trip to "the big city".
So it shouldn't come as a surprise that "Fair" was/is hugely important. Even 9 years after graduating from high school, I can guarantee you that most alumni will make the trek home for the traditional beer-garden get-together.
This does not bode well for my anxiety. I was already anticipating awkward 'hellos' to a few former friends, but now I will most likely be confronted by all the demons of the past. *
Afterall, I haven't seen most of my former classmates since graduation - and that's how I prefer to keep it. Montana wasn't exactly a place I'd care to revisit. When I was living there I found myself in a deep bed-ridden-with-my-mouth-full-of-food depression. I felt like an outsider (because I was) and even though I adapted to my environment, I was never comfortable around my peers. But that's a whole other blog...
When Pandora told me she was moving back to hell I didn't realize it would ultimately affect me - but as you can see, it currently does.


*This is assuming I choose to go at all.

1 comment:

Syd said...

Oooh, poor thing. Quite a dilemma.

I had a pretty good relationship with most of my classmates in high school, yet the thought of seeing 'em all again gives me hives.

Good luck agonizing over this.