May 03, 2006

Any ideas?

So I am still trying to figure out what I want to do with this blog. Do I want to pour my heart out? Talk about current affairs? Dish about friends & family? There are so many options and so few ways to convey them all in a concise way.
I have a hard time wanting to use this as a public diary. I'm learning that I like to keep a few secrets to myself. As much as I would like to release any pending anxiety, exposing myself on such an accessible forum could make me feel too vulnerable.
Current affairs are fun and all, but I don't think I'll find a lot of satisfaction writing about Moussaoui and gas prices. Plus I think there's a fine line between having a socially conscious voice and giving a pompous speech.
So that leaves me with the option of dishing about family and friends. As much as I enjoy good gossip, I can't exactly lay it all out when the majority of my readers are, in fact, my friends and family. ;)
Another alternative that just popped into my head would be to use this as a way to exercise my creative muscles and elaborate on the daydreams that occupy my mind.
Any suggestions?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It will take some time to find your voice. You may indeed feel drawn to discuss current events one moment and then what's going on in your life the next...that's the beauty of blogging, it is what you make it. :)

Anonymous said...

Just so you know... your blog *is* being read by people other than your friends and family. On the other hand, since they may be reading it too, I would suggest not getting too personal or revealing. There are not many who can get away with that. Good Luck.

Eat well, stay fit, Die Anyway!

Amaya said...

Ah yes, the fine line between speaking your mind and alienating everyone.

Amaya said...

Thanks Bayou. I appreciate any advice you can give.

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, the old "How much do I reveal?" question on ye olde blog.

Ultimately, that question and the question of "what to write about" are not easily answered. You'll figure it out, in due time.

Lachlan

Goddess Adrasteia said...

Welcome to the blogosphere! I wouldn't worry too much about your potential direction. It's hard to get going at first but in no time, you'll be mentally blogging every event (and non-event!) and rushing back to your computer to share your thoughts. You're off to a beautiful start so far -- just let nature run its course!