October 03, 2006

Ambushed in a Starbucks Parking Lot

Friday afternoon may not have included a gondola ride through the canyon or a screaming descent down a mountain on a zipline, but it was still a nice day. After Thursday, I was fully aware that any plans I had were not going to be fulfilled and that I needed to just go with the flow. So after lunch at The Redrock Brewery in Park City I was pleasantly surprised to find myself at the top of Olympic Park watching ski and luge practice. Afterward, Dominique (Logic's step-sister) offered to stop at Starbucks before our drive back into the city.
Logic and Emily chose to stay behind while Dominique, Christian and I went inside. We were halfway to the entrance when we heard a man introduce himself to Logic as a representative of Jesus Christ. (To which he replied: "Hi, I'm a representative of myself". heehee!)
Dom and I looked at each other and hesitated. Knowing full well what was happening, she asked if she should be worried that her daughter would be baptized by the time we got back with our coffee. I told her that Logic would protect Emily and that we should run quickly away from the awkward situation. Luckily, upon returning to the car, the man was gone and little Emily was still without a Mormon registration card.
One question: How many people convert in front of a coffee shop?

No comments: