October 30, 2006

And Now, the Rest of the Story

Remember Paul Harvey? I don't mean to insinuate that he has passed on, because he hasn't. I only say that because I completely forgot about him. My sister, Jade forwarded an email that included some amazing statistics regarding his career on the radio and it brought back some memories.
Of all the AM radio my parents subjected me to growing up, I can only think of one station that I enjoyed... I've blocked out the actual station, but I can tell you that it included stories by Paul Harvey.
On drives to the post office or the library, or any other place that I dreaded going as a kid, I can remember pretending to sleep so I could stay in the car with the radio on.
I'm sure if I were to listen to him today, I would find a great deal of comfort in hearing his voice.

1 comment:

The Guy Who Writes This said...

For me it was Jean Shepherd. I loved the radio.