September 08, 2006

Amaya

Willow and Lach tend to distract me at work. Yes, I said it. I'm completely helpless to the instant messages that they include me in. So it shouldn't come as a surprise when I tell you that my work tends to flounder on Mondays, Fridays and all the days in between.
I love the talks we have. Some are a bit randy but most are inspiring. We tend to talk about our lives, our partners, our jobs, and sometimes we throw out scenarios of made-up situations.
For instance, a few months back I mentioned a silly story I made up to go along with my yahoo avatar.
See, I found an avatar dress that looked like a kimono and a background that showed a red carpet stretched out to greet a white limosine. So I imagined that I was a movie star at a movie premiere in Tokyo. The movie was about a secret service agent who was on the tail of a serial killer hiding in the Congo.
I wasn't sure how they were going to react to my story. After all, my imagination can sometimes be too much for people. But I was suprised to find them both joining in. It was so fun! We came up with names for our characters and threw out ideas regarding the script.
My character, the protagonist, was named Amaya which means "night rain". Her hunt through the Congo wasn't only a search for a killer, but also for her identity. She spent months rushing through groves and sleeping in caves with only her bodyguard for company.
This is where Lach comes into play. She is an elite bodyguard who spent years in the military and protects her clients with a ruthless abandon. And Willow, the vice president of the United States who plays an elusive role in the drama.
We got so wrapped up in the story that we started to organize script meetings and talk about how we would spend time at home working on our parts.
It never happened with our busy lives and all. But it convinced me that writing should be a part of my life. It was the inspiration for this blog. AND my name.

No comments: