September 08, 2006

A Tribute

"It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood. A beautiful day for a neighbor. Would you be mine? Could you be mine? Won't you be my neighbor? I have always wanted to have a neighbor just like you. I've always wanted to live in a neighborhood with you. So, let's make the most of this beautiful day. Since we're together we might as well say. Would you be mine? Could you be mine? Won't you be my neighbor?"

I used to start my mornings with Mr. Rogers Neighborhood and continue to find great solace in that song. Oh, Mr. Rogers, you are missed.

2 comments:

Middle Girl said...

That song is the greatest. A great that the lyrics remain fresh-so many years later. I loved the way he changed out of his jacket into a sweater and changed shoes-Seasame Street was ok-but sometimes just too *loud*.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Paige said...

I miss him too!