September 21, 2006

Chemo Limo

Having married into a family where cancer is not out of the ordinary, I think I have a pretty good grasp on what it's like to go through chemotherapy. I hope to never know more than I do now.
From what I've seen, chemo is a test of a person's strenth of mind and body. It makes or breaks your spirit. And even years after chemo (and radiation) the recipient typically has related health issues.
So when I heard a song called Chemo Limo by Regina Spektor it sparked my imagination. What if there WAS such a thing as a chemo limo? What if cancer patients were able to have their chemo treatment in the back of a limosine? Or better yet, at a spa?
Sure, they'd have a catheter or I.V. dripping their cocktail into their bloodstream, but they'd also be getting a foot massage, or a facial. Wouldn't that be a great alternative to watching Mama's Family on a 1980's t.v.?

1 comment:

Middle Girl said...

Most anything would be preferable to watching "Mama's Family" on a 1980's TV -agreed though, some pampering whilst undergoing such a dis-pleasing procedure should be mandatory-part of the program, at the very least.