September 21, 2006

MRI

Logic called me from work last week to say he'd lost his vision for nearly 2 minutes while on the phone with a customer. I rushed to his office and took him to the doctor. They scheduled an MRI for the next day. I freaked out. In my mind, once a Hodgkins patient, always a Hodgkins patient. I feared the worst.
We got to the hospital at 7:3o on Thursday night. I felt like I was going to have a panic attack. Probably because I'd had 3 in the E.R. within the last year. The MRI tech was amazing. He talked Justin through the entire thing, and in between scans, spent the majority of his downtime conversing with me.
We left the hospital at 10 that night and I didn't sleep well. I had a mini meltdown in front of Logic (which I was trying to avoid). In typical reverse fashion, he calmed me down.
We spent the weekend acting like everything was okay. Not mentioning it once.
Monday morning rolled around and we went back to the doctor for the MRI results.
Every minute that ticked by reaffirmed my fears. I became increasingly anxious. And then. Then the song "Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman" came on in the waiting room.
Memories of an ex boyfriend flashed in front of me. An ex boyfriend whom I cared a great deal for. And who died at the tender age of 17 in a car crash. You see, that was our song. At first I thought it might be a sign that Logic would soon be leaving me too. But Aaron reassured me that it was his way of trying to comfort me.
Thank you Aaron. I miss you.

*the MRI came back normal.

No comments: