December 06, 2006

Group Outting

Last month I received an email from my boss asking me to organize a function for my office. Since I used to be the Event Coordinator at Buca di Beppo (for a total of four months) I thought I'd set up dinner there and have everyone walk over to Jillian's Pool Hall afterward.
The event was last night and everything went according to plan. Dinner was good and conversation was fun. I learned a lot about my co-workers (like that my boss's name is Jason. Who knew?) and that I'm a pretty good air-hockey player. But mostly, I learned that the people I work with aren't as foreign to me as I'd thought.
Being in the tech industry often times leaves me feeling insecure about my computer-related knowledge and my lack of desire to remain in this field for life. But last night proved to me that a lot of people are here for the same reason I am - it's stable. Everyone has a passion and last night I got to see that. Being reassured of that motivated me to focus more of my energy on my passions. This blog being one of them.

2 comments:

Middle Girl said...

My son had a similiar realization a few days ago.

I happy for yours, too. :)

Middle Girl said...

And I sound like an idiot. I happy? I'm happy! geez