December 17, 2006

Suppose I Never Met You

Logic: Would I still have moved to Portland after high school? Would I still be out partying and on a path of self-destruction? How would I have learned about love? And how it feels to be respected? Would I have become a nanny and gone off to college right away? Would I (gasp) have stayed in Montana? (I don't think so... just being hypothetical, you know). Would we have met later on in life? And if so, would we have liked each other? Been in a position to be together?
I sure hope so. Thank you for being my husband.

Paige: I would have been 10 years younger than my closest sibling and could have virtually been raised as an only child. You were the reason I wanted to do and be. Your opinion mattered most to me. Who would I have looked up to if I didn't know you? Would my view of the world be the same? Afterall, because of you (and I guess, partially Tom) I was aware of the world, not just my corner of it, at a very young age. Would I be close to our family? The age seperation seems extreme without you to balance us out. Thank you for being my sister.

Renee: What would high school have been like? If you hadn't surprised me by coming by with your new car, would I have gotten out of my depression? Would I have continued to gain weight if you hadn't kept me so busy? Would I have ever dated Steve? Gone to Cecil's funeral? Met Daniel (with whom I am also still good friends with)? I'm glad I'll never know. Thank you for being my friend.

Kelly: I wouldn't be blogging today. You introduced me to blogging and reminded me how much I enjoy writing. Thank you.

3 comments:

Middle Girl said...

What a lovely tribute to your loved ones.

The Guy Who Writes This said...

Portland? I thought you lived in Seattle?

Amaya said...

Guy, I can see how that sounds confusing. I do live in Seattle, but lived in Portland after high school. I've only lived in Seattle for 2 1/2 years.