July 17, 2006

The Consequences of Lying (don't try this at home)

Saturday morning started out the same as any other weekend. I woke up around 9 and lounged around while listening to the Top 20 Countdown on VH1. Then I got my lazy ass off the couch and went for a jog. As I left my building I noticed that our neighbor put her condo on the market.
By the time I returned from my jog I could feel the palpable excitement in the air. The neighborhood was obviously excited to see the price she listed her unit under - since that would increase the odds of any of us getting that kind of a profit when we chose to turn around and sell.
I walked through my front door to see Logic's smile. He was excited too.
After more laziness, we decided to do a little recon work and see what her place looked like. We wanted to know how it stacked up to our unit. As we were heading over there, Logic mentioned that he didn't want the neighbor to know we came over - he figured it might be weird. So when we walked into the unit I went into fabrication-mode. I lied about our names, our interest and where we were from. Once I started I had to keep the story up. I couldn't exactly tell her we lived next door after saying we just wanted to see what the market had to offer in this area.
By the time we left I knew I'd taken it too far. Now what am I going to do when the realtor comes by again and sees us carrying groceries up the steps?

update: The condo sold within 3 weeks so the realtor has no reason to come back. Looks like we got away with our lie. But I will think twice before doing it again.

1 comment:

Jos said...

lol!

I hope you guys have some form of disguise! Let me know the developments. This is one interesting post!