July 12, 2006

Lewiston - Home Part 1

Since I have quite a few homes I've decided to seperate them by the different places I lived.
To start, I was born in Lewiston, Idaho in 1979. After a day in the hospital I came home to a rather large house in The Orchards. It had 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a full basement that included a family room, utility room and storage room.
It was the storage room that I remember most fondly. It had 2 beanbag chairs and a sewing machine. Other than that, it was filled to the rim with smashed boxes and old clothes that my mom couldn't yet part with.
Sounds rather boring, I'm sure. But for me it was a place full of imagination where I played dress- up and even learned a very valuable lesson. Do NOT lock a cat inside an airtight sewing machine box! She never stepped foot inside that storage room again - or near me for that matter, but she got out okay and I continued to spend most of my spare time in there.
We moved when I was six, but I credit that storage room for my ever-growing imagination.

1 comment:

Paige said...

Really? I never knew that. I remember it being full of junk and canning stuff.