July 25, 2006

The Wedding - Installment Three

It's only two days before the trip to MT and I'm actually looking forward to it. There were quite a few contributing factors that lead me to this zenlike place and I feel like I walked through the desert to get here.
I guess I had to freak out in order to relax. My mind requires me to go through every possible scenario of what could potentially happen before it allows me to get over it. So I did that for a few weeks and it was exhausting. I had to remind myself that this trip was probably going to be more normal that I expect. I have some unpleasant memories of Lewistown, but it took me 3 years to accumulate those memories - not 3 days.
It also helped to hear about Lach & Bayou's trip to Deer Lodge a few weeks ago. Hearing them talk about the slower-paced lifestyle reminded me that I'm going to a place where there will be no horns honking or pedestrial fatalities. Almost like going back in time, I'm visiting a place without cell phones and wi-fi coffee shops. If need be, I can neglect everything going on around me and just BE. With 5 mountain ranges surrounding the town, I see myself reflecting a lot. And I look forward to it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a good trip! The kitties missed you (and Logic)!