August 09, 2006

Love Letters

A few weeks ago, I crawled out of bed and maneuvered through a groggy morning to arrive at work around 7:30. As part of my typical routine I got to my desk, put my lunch in the fridge and proceeded to walk to the corner cafe with my friend Keith.
After a cup o' joe and a brisk walk, we returned to the office and prepared for the day.
I turned on my computer and to my surprise, found my dad had emailed me earlier that morning.
He was getting ready to leave the house for the pool but wanted to start my day off with a little love letter. The details will remain between he and I, but I wanted to share this story because it brightened my day in a way I never expected. Now we have competitions to see who can email the other more times in a day and I leave the office with the affirmation that my dad loves me.
Does it get any better than that?

Added note: he does the very same thing for my other siblings. This has re-ignited a joke among us all as to who his favorite is. "I got 3 emails from dad today! I must be the favorite."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need to submit this post on father's day to some contest on the "coolest Dad of the year."

Middle Girl said...

Wow that is so wonderful. If you read backwards on my spot, you know that my dad and I have a non-existent relationship-- Once, bitter, now, content...ok, not really, but as I have no control-I had to let go and move on.
So, glad to *hear* your dad is a good guy-who believes in contact! Yeah!!