August 04, 2006

The Reality of My Life

So you can skim through most of my posts and find that 99% of the time I'm complaining that I didn't get my fucking window seat. If you haven't heard the story - I'm not going to repeat it for fear of losing the 3 people who read my blog on a regular basis. So if you don't know what I'm talking about, hurry up and look through the rest of my blog and then come back to this post.
Cut to today: a co-worker just sent out a general email to the team saying he was leaving for a different business opportunity. This caught all of us off guard, but we were even more surprised when he proceeded to walk around and say goodbye. Today was his last day!
It wasn't more than 10 minutes later when my boss emailed me and asked if I wanted ex-coworkers old desk ... which just so happens to be a window cube.
Hold on! Don't get so excited. After all, this is the reality of my life. Yes, it is a window cube, but it a window cube with a huge pillar in it. So big that it blocks most of the view. And I'm not even sure if I can see sky from there (which is why I needed the window seat in the first place). And to top it off - it's right next to a teammate whom I can hardly stand. Why god? Why?

Update: sorry for being such a whiney bitch. I should just be grateful to be getting a window seat at all.

2 comments:

Jos said...

I know the feeling!

Right now I am fighting to get a second monitor. The request was put in, so any day now. . .

Middle Girl said...

I've been in office spaces without windows for over 10 years now. A few months ago I was teased into thinking I might finally get a window when the offices were to be moved to a different floor--then. the. move. was. cancelled. indefinitely. yak!