August 30, 2006

Favorite Summer Memories

After reading Rude Cactus a few days ago, I decided to post about my favorite memory of the summer.
Paige drove up with her family to celebrate the 4th of July with me. It was convenient to have them come up for a holiday weekend, but it was more than just hanging out during our independence weekend.
See, Paige arrived in America on July 4th - 28 years ago. She was born in Seoul, Korea and lived in a foster home for 2 years before joining our family. And since she is my nearest and dearest sibling I can't help but think of what my life would be without her. July 4th is my favorite holiday because it's the day she became my sister. Granted, I wasn't born for another 3 years, but without that day she wouldn't be my Onni.

1 comment:

Middle Girl said...

Wow, what a sweet, sweet memory and tribute. It's this kind of sisterly sentiment that has made me yearn for a sister-almost-my whole life.