March 23, 2007

The 511

I left work at 3:30 and headed for the gym. I take one of 2 busses to get there. One is for Mukilteo and the other goes to Lynnwood/Ash Way. I see the Lynnwood/Ash Way bus pull up and get on the back entrance. I wait as the bus crowds up and when it gets close to my stop, I ring the bell.
The bus doesn't stop! I plow 20 people over in my attempt to get to the driver and he tells me "next stop Lynnwood. 511 doesn't stop at Howell and Yale. It never does."
(Now, if you recall this same thing happened to me in November. The day before Thanksgiving, to be exact. Apparently there is more than one Lynnwood/Ash Way bus and I happened to get on the Express. Aren't I lucky?)
Twenty minutes later, I got off in Lynnwood and waited another 10 minutes for a bus to downtown. And because of traffic and the lack of an express-lane heading south at that hour, it took 45 minutes to go 15 miles. When I did finally get back into Seattle, the bus dropped me off across the street from my gym! What are the odds?
In the meantime, Logic had a rough day as well. He'd driven down to Olympia to take a promotional-based test for his job. He called me around 1:30 to tell me he thought he bombed it and was going to be sick. I reminded him that he's his worst critic and that he probably did better than he thought. But true to his personality, he spent the rest of the day beating himself up.
So when I called Logic to tell him that I was on the 511 to Lynnwood, he decided to take a few co-workers up on their offer to watch some of the Sweet 16 at a bar. Later, after I met up with Logic, he admitted that he really needed that time to bullshit with his co-workers about the test. He wouldn't have gone if I'd been done with the gym at 5:00 so I guess my trip to Lynnwood was worth it afterall.



No comments: