March 07, 2007

What I've Learned

Since my anxiety kicked into high gear a year and a half ago, I've been on a quest to "find myself". And as obnoxious as it sounds, I wouldn't change a thing that has happened in that time frame because I have learned so much.
I've learned: that living to make others happy may seem benevolent but is actually torture.
Settling might appear easy but it will take it's toll - just like anything else.
Being honest about who you are - especially to the ones you love the most - is cathartic.
Life isn't about getting all the answers, it's just about living and making the most of it.
I've learned to trust my instincts. If I don't want to do something - I don't do it.
Even after learning all that in the span of 18 months, I have a long way to go. And as I previously stated - I'm not looking for all the answers. I just want to get back to a place where life is fun and every day is exciting.

No comments: