March 09, 2007

What Does It All Mean, Basil?

I realize that my last few posts have been leaning a little to the spiritual side so I've decided to change it up a bit for your pleasure.
On a completely different note, I am wondering if anyone speaks German? My Paternal Grandfather was German and he taught my Dad a poem. He, in turn, taught it to his children, all the while not knowing what it meant. So in an attempt to finally know what it means I am going to include it here. Please excuse the spelling, I don't know German:

Ein Svein Dry
Lisha Lasha Lie
Hucka Pucka Deema Snucka
Hoddle Poddle
Piff Puff
Do Bis Duff

Any takers?

4 comments:

Middle Girl said...

hmmm.. wish I could help. hope you find out. you've piqued my curiosity.

The Guy Who Writes This said...

I ran it through several translators and came up with nothing.

Amaya said...

Thanks for the effort. Knowing my family, it could have been something my Grandfather made up.

cathy said...

The first line is numbers'
probably 1,2,3